Running a coaching business can be fulfilling, but time-consuming. If you’ve been thinking about improving or launching a website for your business, it can seem like too big of a project. Even if you’ve reviewed a coaching website guide your next steps might still be unclear.
Fortunately, choosing a WordPress theme is a good place to start. Additionally, finding one with features that can benefit your coaching business is pretty easy! WordPress’ popularity and open-source core mean there are a lot of high-quality themes to choose from.
In this article, we’ll run down a list of important items to look for in a coaching website theme. Then, we’ll review eight of the best coaching website themes for WordPress. You’ve got this!
Why Your Coaching Business Needs a Website (And What You Can’t Leave Out)
The personal coaching market has experienced steady growth over the past several years. In fact, its market value is expected to reach $1.34 billion by 2022. This means there’s no lack of competition. Consequently, your coaching website will need to stand out more than ever.
Something to keep in mind while building your coaching website is the nature of the coaching relationship. Building trust with your clients online might require a different approach to conveying a true representation of your personality. This means you’ll want to consider the use of videos and podcasts as a way to let your personality shine through.
Outside of creating lots of quality content that showcases your expertise, you’ll want to include as much Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as you can. Obviously, if your site doesn’t show up in search results, no one will know what you have to offer! Including a strong Call To Action (CTA) on your main page is also a best practice to consider.
What You Should Look for in a Coaching Website Theme
Now you have a sense of what kind of content to include on your coaching website, you’ll need to consider how you’re going to dress it up. Finding a theme for your website can be a little intimidating, as there are so many to choose from.
Fortunately, you can narrow down the options by looking for themes with certain features, such as:
- Video compatibility and multiple display options
- Built-in SEO features like being Schema.org-friendly
- Optimization for speed and small-screen display
- Template pages for CTAs or landing pages
- Custom post-types for content organization and unique layout possibilities
Regardless of the theme you choose, it’s a good idea to read customer reviews and determine whether the level of support offered is adequate. This is something to keep in mind if you’re new to WordPress, as some themes require more ‘setup’ than others.
As the window-dressing for your content and what potential customers will see first, your theme is pretty important. As such, we’ve put together a list of eight themes for you to browse. You’ll likely find one to match your perfect mix of form and function.
1. Health Coach
Health Coach is a niche theme built to help serve your customers. As a health coach, you need to be a supportive presence at all times, and this theme is built to keep up. To help you maintain those standards, you’ll get 24/7 professional support in addition to the bundled, drag-and-drop, Visual Composer page builder plugin.
- Multiple browser compatibility
- A responsive design suited to manner of screen sizes
- FontAwesome icons included along with over 800 Google Fonts
- Includes the popular Slider Revolution plugin
- Provides WooCommerce functionality out of the box
2. Blossom Coach (Free)
The Blossom Coach theme really shines when it comes to mobile optimization. It’s a free theme that’s Schema-friendly, which helps you with your search engine rankings. The default home page is also full of engagement opportunities – there are almost all of the sections you’ll need for your coaching business, including a vibrant CTA section.
- Passes the Google mobile-friendly test
- Optimized for faster page load times
- The free version comes with nine customizable home page sections
- Option to customize your header layout
- Access to a video banner feature
Built to assist you in delivering your services, classes, and speeches to the world, the Colead theme is packed with features. If you’re planning to offer classes online or workshops, Colead comes with a lot of excellent educational features. These include the LearnPress LMS plugin and lots of premium add-ons.
- Parallax design options to bring a 3D effect to your website scroll
- Comes with the SiteOrigin drag-and-drop page builder
- Includes dynamic ‘introduction box’ features for an engaging CTA experience
- A built-in event management system
LIfeGuide offers many dynamic elements to customize. Not only can you edit the original design files to your requirements, but the theme is also built to give you a nearly infinite array of colors to choose from. As a fully responsive theme, you’ll never have to worry if mobile users are receiving a satisfactory experience.
- Comes with the Unyson drag-and-drop page builder
- A wealth of customization options
- The theme’s Photoshop design files are included for download
- The Booked plugin is included for appointment management
If you’re wanting a more in-depth test-drive before buying a theme, Coacher offers a password-protected tour of its functionality. This includes the ability to poke through the dashboard and test out the features, before splashing the cash. Overall, this theme is going to be great for getting up and running quickly.
- A five-star rated theme
- Choose from three home page templates and a wide variety of specialty pages
- Quick design options with e-commerce shop templates and pre-built course pages
- Includes the WP Bakery page builder and Slider Revolution plugins
6. Life Coach
The Life Coach theme has one of the best inventories of page templates and custom post types we’ve come across. This means you’ll be primed and ready to create unique content such as podcasts and events without the hassle of tackling the necessary configurations.
- Features seven custom post types
- Numerous custom shortcodes for creating highly customizable page content
- Includes the Visual Composer plugin
- Access to over 1,500 icons
7. HEALTHFLEX – Health Coach
Offering several variations of a health-related theme, HEALTHFLEX – HealthCoach is specifically designed for the needs of an online health coach. The theme also includes several helpful e-commerce features to help you set up shop too.
- Ecwid shopping cart plugin-ready for a highly customizable cart experience
- Extra settings tab features for newly created Custom Post Types
- Unlimited color variations
- Ready for fast setup of several helpful plugins like WooCommerce, MailChimp, and more
Specifically designed to serve the needs of a busy life coach, Celeste has several templates customized to showcase a variety of life coaching and therapeutic services. You can also load demo content with one click and have a fully-functioning website, ready for customization.
- Offers a popular one-page design approach
- Multisite compatible
- Comes with the Bold Builder and Contact Form 7 plugins
- Dynamic design elements like tabs, accordions, sliders, and custom menus
How to Get Your Coaching Website Started
If you’re getting jazzed about launching your new website, we don’t blame you! However, there are a few other items to check off before you begin really developing content.
To get your site off to a good start, you can refer to a coaching website guide and follow a few best practices:
- Choose a web hosting plan from a recommended WordPress web host.
- Pick and register a memorable domain name that represents your business.
- Secure your website with a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate.
- Install and configure WordPress.
Once you’ve covered the basic installation and setup through your web host, you can dig into installing your chosen theme and customizing your new coaching website!
Now you’ve reviewed several high-quality coaching website themes for WordPress you should be ready to dive in and get your site up and running. Keep in mind some of the theme features we recommended at the start, and you’ll be good to go.
For example, choosing a theme with pre-built landing page templates can be helpful in getting your marketing funnel started. Also, ascertain whether the theme you choose is optimized for mobile, and will be responsive to a variety of screen sizes. A good coaching website guide, combined with these features, will help you build the perfect website for your coaching business!
Do you have any other questions about launching your coaching website? Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below!